What is illogiCon?
illogiCon is a community based convention dedicated to Science Fiction in all media. But what does this actually mean?
- Community: We are a convention that is run by, and for, people who are brought together by their desire to share an interest in Science Fiction, more commonly known as Fans.
- Science Fiction: We take an inclusive view of Science Fiction and Fantasy. If it includes giant robots, conniving wizards, daring space captains, or evil AIs and chain smoking anti-hero hackers, it is Science Fiction.
- All Media: Science Fiction comes in many forms. The written word (including the humble book), live action TV and movies, animation, comics, the visual arts, pod casts, and forms of media that we haven’t even invented yet. It comes from all across the world, from Japan, and Britain, from Russia and the United States. Science Fiction is the genre of possibilities; it is only right that this is reflected in the way that Science Fiction is experienced.
Rules at illogiCon
The Golden Rule: The illogiCon Staff has final say over whether or not an act is in violation of the rules and what response a violation of the rules warrants.
- Be excellent to each other. Don’t be a creeper. Respect your fellow con-goers. Behave like sane adults and not like creepy basement-dwellers. Also, you can and should familiarize yourself with our harassment policy. (See next page (or wherever it will be in the book))
- No costume is no costume. You can’t prance around naked. Keep in mind this convention is in January. Don’t freeze to death wearing something inappropriate for the weather. Otherwise, you need only be as decent as the law requires.
- Props of any sort are generally fine. Be sure metal and hard props have no sharp edges. Toy weapons (e.g. Nerf) are fine as long as you aren’t annoying with them and toy guns have an orange tip. Real guns are in no way alright. Live steel and replica firearms are subject to the following conditions: 1. They must be peace-bound by con staff into their scabbard/holster so that they cannot be drawn, and, 2. These items can only be carried in the con space. Don’t hang out in the lobby or the bar with a sword strapped to your back.
- Wear your badge visibly at all times. No badge, no entry. Period.
- Please cooperate with the staff. We’re all here to have a good time. Don’t make our jobs harder than they have to be.
- Don’t throw anything in the koi pond. The koi pond in the lobby is cool as hell and we don’t want the hotel upset at you or illogiCon. Also, stay out of it bodily. We can’t believe we have to write this.
- The Safari Rule: If illogiCon shares the hotel with another event, you can look, but don’t touch. Let them enjoy their event, and we will enjoy our con.
- The Consumption of Substances Not Expressly Forbidden by Law or Hotel Policy:
Booze: You may drink in the con space, provided you are in line with the law and hotel policy.
Vaporization Devices: As the exhaled vapor could contain irritants or allergens, and there are people in all areas of the con space who cannot easily escape the vapor, we do not permit the use of vaporization devices in the con space.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Have a damn good time!